Co-founder | Body Safety Superstar | Business Development Manager | Media Contact
Author, speaker, and consultant in the areas of gender, sexuality education, abuse prevention education, and women and children's rights.
Deanne has taught sexuality education to thousands of students from prep to year ten across Victoria. She has developed a style that is respectful, inclusive, informative and light hearted.
She prides herself on being able to respond to the needs of individual students and classes and works closely with teachers to ensure students gain as much as possible from her programs. She understands that not all classes have the same needs and is able to tweak programs to respond in real time.
Deanne is working on her second book, What's a French Kiss? An informative and humorous response to the questions she has been asked by nine to thirteen year olds about puberty, bodies, sex and sexuality.
Deanne's latest work:
- Practical solutions for Child Safe Standard 7: Strategies for the participation and empowerment of children - Preschool Matters, COMING SOON!
- Online Predators and Cyber Grooming - School Governance, March 30th 2017
- Why it's not OK for a stranger to touch my baby - Pinky McKay, September 8th 2015
- Sex Education Must Cater to Diversity - The Age, February 5th 2014
- We Say Sorry - Sheilas: An Initiative of the Victorian Women's Trust, April 18th 2013
- Periods Are Gross - Catherine Deveny, February 6th 2015
- Hair on Your Front Bottom - Mum's Lounge: Australia's Lifestyle Website for Mums, June 30th 2013
Deanne will be speaking about sexual abuse prevention education at 2017 Early Childhood Education Conference.
Find out more about Deanne at www.deannecarson.com
Co-founder | Body Safety Superstar | Business Manager | Creative Director
2015 Young Citizen of the Year (Whitehorse City Council), accredited Parent Effectiveness Training Instructor, and counsellor (Family Relationships & Childhood Sexual Abuse).
Illustrator and watercolour artist during the school holidays. All Body Safety Australia's books and resources have been designed and illustrated by Whitney.
Previously, Whitney supported parents with respectful communication solutions at Safe & Happy Kids, as well as professional development workshops for Monash University.
Whitney was invited to speak at 13th Australasian Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect.
Whitney is currently a member of the International Society for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect's Young People's Advisory Board.
Whitney has been featured in: