Professional Development For Professionals Working With Children
Whether you are an volunteer at the local cricket club or the head of a state-wide early learning centre group, we can help!
Our one day program is suitable for all staff and volunteers working with children. It supports individuals in; creating a child safe environment, modelling child safe interactions, and creating positive community conversations.
Our one day program will help staff:
- understand child sexual abuse
- create a professional culture of body safety
- respond to and report a disclosure of abuse or neglect
- practice self-care while supporting others
- promote and support the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and promote the safety of children with a disability
- empower children in your organisation
- model body safe practices including practicing consent and respecting bodily autonomy
- understand and counter the role of mobile devices and online gaming in child abuse
- consult with and support staff, volunteers and families in become child safe supporters
We have training locations in Richmond and in Deer Park.
Workbooks and catering provided.
Training Dates (Semester 1)
- Friday 14 March 2017
- Friday 5 May 2017
- Friday 9 June 2017
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017
- Friday 31 March 2017
- Tuesday 18 April 2017
- Friday 23 June 2017
Limited spaces available. Please book by emailing email@example.com
Onsite training available. Click here.