Professional Development For Professionals Working With Children
Whether you are a volunteer at the local cricket club or the head of a state-wide early learning centre group, we can help!
Our one day program is suitable for all staff and volunteers working with children. It supports individuals in; creating a child safe environment, modelling child safe interactions, and creating positive community conversations.
Our one day program will help staff:
- understand child sexual abuse
- create a professional culture of body safety
- respond to and report a disclosure of abuse or neglect
- practice self-care while supporting others
- promote and support the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and promote the safety of children with a disability
- empower children in your organisation
- model body safe practices including practicing consent and respecting bodily autonomy
- understand and counter the role of mobile devices and online gaming in child abuse
- consult with and support staff, volunteers and families in become child safe supporters
We have training locations in Richmond and Deer Park.
Workbooks and catering provided.
Training Dates (Semester 1)
- Friday 14 March 2017
- Friday 5 May 2017
- Friday 9 June 2017
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017
- Friday 31 March 2017
- Tuesday 18 April 2017
- Friday 23 June 2017
Limited spaces available. Please book by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Onsite training available. Click here.