Primary Program (Grade 5 - 6)
Body Safety Australia believes in age-appropriate education for children starting from birth. While our programs can be stand-alone classes, the educational value is much more effective in consecutive years.
Building on previous years' knowledge, students in Years 5-6 will learn the difference between 'surprises' and 'secrets', the concept of 'safe words' or 'family passwords', and about consent online and offline in greater detail.
The BSA Year 5-6 program is completed in three sessions of 1-hour each. A body safety resource pack will go home with every child.
• be introduced to the safety continuum
• their network of trusted adults and older people (teens) and examine their criteria for choosing these people.
• be encouraged to contact their network and discuss their role in helping the young person stay safe
• explore what makes a 'good' (or comfortable) secret or a 'bad' (or uncomfortable) secret.
• consent; how to give it (or not), respect it and maintain appropriate boundaries (consent applies to all touch, not just sex).
Contact us to see how we can tailor a program for your school.